Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 1, 2014

What  a week! It started off with specialized training for all the new missionaries. we did some role plays, had some great training, and had a blast! I want each of you, if you haven't already to watch He is the Gift on christmas.mormon.org and then share it on Facebook! it is such a great video that really puts into perspective the Christmas holiday and why we celebrate it!!! So good!

This week was also Thanksgiving! i hope you all had a great holiday and ate a ton of food! I know I did!! Sister Randall and i got to go to a less active family's home! we had so much fun! we were well taken care of! we even got to take home a pumpkin pie!

This week we had a really sweet experience with one of our investigators. Her name is Debbie. about two years ago Debbie was in a house fire that burned her from at least the waist up. As a result, she has no hands and is extremely scarred. She lives in a rehabilitation center that is in our Elder's area, but she needs sisters, so we make the 15 minute drive at least twice a week to see her. She started being taught about 5 months ago. She has had all the regular lessons and is now being taught from the gospel principals manual. She is the greatest example of strength and faith that I have met on my mission! She needs to have major skin graft surgery and is waiting till after that to get baptized because she feels like she will be more self confident about going to church after her surgery. This week we taught her about prayer and she said something that I will never forget. She said, "Our lives are made up of prayers,weather we are consciously praying or not. Sometimes it's just a thought or an action, but God knows our thoughts and our actions and he always knows what we need and what we are grateful for and what our desires are by what we think and do. God knows what we are going to say in our prayers before we even say the words. "

I had never thought of it that way, but it is so true. The act of praying is how we express the things of out heart, but God knows us so perfectly! It really made me think about what I think and do and where my heart is, because God knowing everything we think and do can be a good or a bad thing if we are or aren't doing what we should! What she said really taught me a lot! Funny how that worked out! The investigator teaching the missionary!

Well, I'm about out of time, but I just want you all to know that I love this work! It truly is an incredible opportunity to see people come to Christ!!! Love you all!!!

Sister Griffeth

No comments:

Post a Comment