Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November 24, 2014

This week was so busy, I hardly know what happened!!! The time just slips away!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Sister Randall and I are going to a less active family's house for the day. We taught them on Tuesday and we talked about Enos and how sincere heartfelt prayer can bring so much peace into our lives. It turned out that Sis. Newkirk had been having a hard time with some family stuff. The spirit was so strong, we were all a little emotional, but mostly Sister Newkirk. We had a lot of those lessons this week,we saw so many miracles! It seemed like everyone we visited, member or not, was just having a rough go! I think we taught like 6 lessons that people were just in tears! It was nuts, but it just goes to show that when you are trying to teach by the spirit, miracles happen!!! It was so cool to see these people really open up about their struggles and see how the spirit was able to teach through us and help them. That's one thing I've learned about this work. The spirit is the teacher. We just have the privilege of being his mouthpiece. When you're obedient, do the things you should, and prepare as directed by the spirit, you can't fail! That goes for anything, not just missionary work!

This week was just everywhere! So me and Sister Randall are like best friends! We work so well together, but when we have some spare time we sing really off key on purpose to Michael Buble 's Christmas CD, make jokes, laugh till we cry, and teach, teach, teach!!! We have so much fun while we do the Lord's work! It's great!

well, there weren't any legit stories, so I guess I'll do what missionaries do best! Share a thought! I was reading in Mathew this week about when Christ was eating with the sinners, and the Pharisees were all disgusted about it and then Christ said something that  I absolutely love! He said, "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick."  I love that because it just shows how much charity Christ has for us. None of us are perfect, but Christ knows how to help each of us. I know that I feel inadequate a lot and that I doubt myself, but when I read this, I knew that any of my doubts or inadequacies could be taken care of IF I rely on Christ. I hope that makes sense!!!

Well, I just want you to know that i love you all!!!! have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Sister Griffeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment